Pomegranates have up to three times the antioxidant content of green tea. Antioxidants protect cells from harm, help to prevent illnesses like cancer, and help to lessen inflammation and the consequences of aging. Additionally, pomegranates provide the following health benefits:
- The pomegranate is a fruit with hundreds of edible seeds known as arils. They're high in fiber, vitamins, minerals, and beneficial plant chemicals.
- Pomegranates include punicalagins and punicic acid, two distinct compounds responsible for the majority of its health benefits.
- Pomegranate juice's punicalagins have been demonstrated to decrease inflammation, which is one of the primary causes of many severe illnesses such as cancer and diabetes.
- Pomegranate juice has been shown to lower blood pressure levels in as little as two weeks when consumed on a regular basis.
- Pomegranate may be beneficial in the prevention of heart disease. It boosts your cholesterol levels and protects your LDL cholesterol from oxidative damage.
Nutrition: One pomegranate contains-
- Calories: 234
- Fat: 3.3g
- Sodium: 8.4mg
- Carbohydrates: 29g
- Fiber: 11.3g
- Sugars: 38.6g
- Protein: 4.7g