I have multiple  postgreSQL instance  to manage. Can I deduct from that that having a NULL password password authentication will always fail? a  free centralized account management tool for And I have to find an easy  account management  solution. There is no password. PostgreSQL as  openldap ? Indeed an empty password is equivalent to no password so it's not going to be accepted by the server when pg_hba.conf says that a password is required. That "-w" makes pg_dump not ask for a password, so you will get an errorif the user requires password authentication. Is there objective proof that Jo Jorgensen stopped Trump winning, like a right-wing Ralph Nader? Can two spells with AOEs intersect each other? Cascading common emitter and common collector. Is there anyway to connect using an NULL password role without specifying trust authentication? On 2016-11-16 20:39, JORGE MALDONADO wrote:> I am trying to run pg_dump to backup my PostgreSQL DB and I am getting a> "fe_sendauth: no pssword supplied" error message. To subscribe to this RSS feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader. How Can I Access the postgres database in a Script Executing pg_dumpall? @baelter we support postgres version 9.6 in the v5.4.1 image that you are using. rev 2020.11.13.38000, The best answers are voted up and rise to the top, Database Administrators Stack Exchange works best with JavaScript enabled, Start here for a quick overview of the site, Detailed answers to any questions you might have, Discuss the workings and policies of this site, Learn more about Stack Overflow the company, Learn more about hiring developers or posting ads with us. How can I manage a remote team member who appears to not be working their full hours? Trying to connect to the db from within the same machine using either psql or PgAdmin3 to the above role I'm getting: psql: fe_sendauth: no password supplied When the password is set I can connect perfectly. Are you sure? Thanks! There is no password. Podcast 286: If you could fix any software, what would you change? In the far future would weaponizing the sun or parts of it be possible? Does meat (Black Angus) caramelize just with heat? fe_sendauth: no password supplied - PostgreSQL 9.2. Sets the role's password. What is the word used to express "investigating someone without their knowledge"? Has there been a naval battle where a boarding attempt backfired? > > The three computers are on a local network that connects to the internet > through a hub, thus having the same outside IP address of 62.6.162.34. Still, there are various ways to avoid inputting the password: Thanks for contributing an answer to Database Administrators Stack Exchange! Linux file manager similar to Windows File Explorer (directory tree + file list)? GitHub is home to over 50 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together. On 2016-11-16 20:39, JORGE MALDONADO wrote: > I am trying to run pg_dump to backup my PostgreSQL DB and I … dummy password like "test" stored in the same place than the login name. Someone knows Trying to identify an aircraft from a photo. I don't mind to input password when there is one, I just look into a way of connecting when there is no password at all... PostgreSQL - using password/md5 authentication with empty password. By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy. Hi guys, I'm trying to connect a slave server to another slave, using cascading replication. Stack Exchange network consists of 176 Q&A communities including Stack Overflow, the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. What is the optimal voltage for storing a 3.7 V lithium polymer battery? Is this also the case for MD5 authentication? Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience. If you do not plan to use password authentication you can omit this option. > > - How do you know you don't need a password? Multiple versions of postgres are not supported so you can remove the addons section like @cratz suggested.. Database Administrators Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for database professionals who wish to improve their database skills and learn from others in the community. Are Starfleet and the Federation distinct entities? If no password is specified, the password will be set to null and password authentication will always fail for that user. On 16/02/07, David Burleson <[hidden email]> wrote: > - Three computers with one IP address? Postgresql - roles without linux accounts? This is a Windows> Server 2012 environment and I am issuing pg_dump from a command prompt.> > The command is as follows:> pg_dump -E win1252 -f d:/respaldos/chartsclub/basedatos/CC.backup -F p> -n chartsclub -h localhost -U postgres -w chartsclub. FATAL:  could not connect to the primary server: fe_sendauth: no password supplied. Dismiss Join GitHub today. After adding this line to pgpass.conf file I restarted PostgreSQL service. Is there a puzzle that is only solvable by assuming there is a unique solution? The pg_hba.conf is default - merely: slave01 = Slave server connected from master, slave02 = New slave server connected from slave01. Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers. Use of "eben" – does it mean just, also or even? Are priests who committed a sin together able to validly administer the Sacrament of Reconciliation to each other? The Overflow #47: How to lead with clarity and empathy in the remote world, Feature Preview: New Review Suspensions Mod UX, 2020 Community Moderator Election Results, Choosing A PostgreSQL Authentication Method For A Large Course, Can't backup a Postgres database: FATAL: Peer authentication failed for user “postgres”, pgAgent : how to configure pgpass.conf for a local connection on Windows Server 2008, SQLAlchemy connection error with Postgres. > They all have network IP addresses of 172.20.32.%. How do I enable md5 authentication for only one user? To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers. Why is the efficiency of a half wave rectifier equal to 40.6% and not 50%? Change the pg_hba.conf on your slave01 server: El lun, 08-08-2016 a las 08:32 +1200, Patrick B escribió: I think trust authentication method  is only recommended for testing I'll use md5 as you were using and you need to create a pgpass file with includes replicator password and the replication process doesn't throw any error. I'm trying to connect a slave server to another slave, using cascading replication. site design / logo © 2020 Stack Exchange Inc; user contributions licensed under cc by-sa. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Cookie Policy, Privacy Policy, and our Terms of Service. It only takes a minute to sign up. Was AGP only ever used for graphics cards? Using Mixed mode authentication to authenticate Active Directory users to an application. A null password can optionally be written explicitly as PASSWORD NULL. Where "mypassword" is the actual valid password which I have successfully tested in pgAdmin3. Copyright © 1996-2020 The PostgreSQL Global Development Group, 0840797e-b416-e94d-f5a1-d15a18d2c422@gmail.com, No password supplied error when using pg_dump, Re: No password supplied error when using pg_dump, JORGE MALDONADO , pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org. Improper formatting for input to ListPlot3D, backwards incompatibility on 12.1? (A password is only of use for roles having the LOGIN attribute, but you can nonetheless define one for roles without it.) Simultaneously? Why does Saru say they are? I see. Trying to connect to the db from within the same machine using either psql or PgAdmin3 to the above role I'm getting: When the password is set I can connect perfectly.