Dell makes Inspiron desktop and laptop computers. For example, plugging in a mouse would cause the red light on it to appear for several seconds before turning off. Have you tried other M/K to confirm they work and limit the issue purely to a driver issue? Allowed the update to reinstall and the problem is still fixed. Stuck key. I see some similar posts about printers doing this too. Drivers were not updated, so either some other driver might work or there is no telling if something could hose the drivers all together. USB is hosed, I suspect an update did it. I have a Dell OPTIPLEX 380 with Windows 7 loaded. Microsoft global customer service number. I DO NOT recommend modern power supplies with a single +12 v output. So I don't believe updates could have done this either. Ensure that there are no stuck keys on the keyboard. The only way I can use the machine is to LogMeIn to it (that might be something too?). Uninstalled To continue this discussion, please Both were Dells as well. Confirming update with BizLink Technology. I'm still Win7 / Win10 right now, so just seeing some of the weird drivers and permission stuff. I am seeing this pop up ALOT with client devices. Looks like I'll be returning to the skeptical watch of windows updates. Learn More. Replaced it and I haven't had any issues since May, I think. Microsoft global customer service number. Please try another make/model of keyboard lets rule out what it is and isn't, I am having the same issue with, now 2 computers, at a client where they have tried different keyboards/mice on the affected computers and all show up as "The drivers for this device are not installed. Brand new Dell 5580 Laptop, the English one is not affected. This thread is locked. Tried plugging into different keyboard, different USB ports, etc. If it's an Intel usb chipset, get the drivers from Intel. I had tried disabling selective suspend by editing the registry and a lot of other unsuccessful items. Dell is actually sending me an exchange but it's already been over 2 weeks and they still have not shipped it. 1709 - OS Build 16299.248 Windows 10 Pro 64bit. Good luck! This is probably something dumb with Windows 10. If so, the motherboard or I/O board may need to be replaced. Dell has abandoned it’s earlier Vostro customers. Verify that the keyboard is connected correctly to the computer by turning off your computer and then disconnecting and reconnecting the keyboard to the computer. Had to reset both PC's after hours of driver install / uninstall. Click on the Ease of access icon located on the bottom right corner of the screen. -Thanks, I don't know what the kb number is, but it was the 2018-02 cumulative update. I was having this same issue, just with a different model of keyboard/mouse (Dell machine and wireless keyboard/mouse combo) and after uninstalling the KB4074588 update like michellelieske suggested, the issue was resolved. Another possibility is that someone could have plugged something into the USB ports causing Windows to flake out for I/O device drivers. Yes, most posts are old stuff or the printer kind and I have seen it too on some of my machines. When I switch on my computer it says keyboard not found so I cannot enter setup. or "Keyboard not found". This is definitely is a driver issue because both sets of k/m work in the BIOS. 「Dellでハードディスクが認識しない」、「Dellでハードドライブが見つかりませんでした」というエラーがお使いのパソコンに発生したことがあるかもしれません。ここでは、Dell、HP、AsusやKingstonなどのデバイスでHDDが認識しないことを修正する方法を紹介します。 A Wireless keyboard! technical support services. ask a new question. KB4074588 (Code 28) There are no compatible drivers for this device.". We appreciate people which can actively contribute to problem solving, not people questioning why we want to solve an issue. I was beating my head against the install/uninstall devices loop for almost an hour. BYE, BYE Dell There is power on the keyboard and hence I cannot select any option. Can you imagine if you go run buy 50 brand new good looking and expensive mouses to your client telling them that it will solve the issue and then you realize that the problem wasn't mouse related but instead malware or other thing? I have not tried this yet, but that is my next step before having to reload Windows completely. Please link another thread, forum or answer if I didn't find it. Tech support scams are an industry-wide issue where scammers trick you into paying for unnecessary Tech support scams are an industry-wide issue where scammers trick you into paying for unnecessary A corrupt BIOS is one of the possible causes of a computer unable to complete POST or boot into the operating system. I uninstalled KB4074588 and it worked. KB4074588 I have a Dell Dimension 4300 XP Pro/SP3 and installed a new MICROSOFT Comfort Curve 2000 keyboard. The drivers from Intel were the only way to fix it. Uninstalling KB4074588 and rebooting has immediately fixed the problem here. However when the computer has booted the keyboard is there. You can follow the question or vote as helpful, but you cannot reply to this thread. The On-screen keyboard is located in the Ease of access center located at the bottom left corner of the lock screen. I would think many others would report the issue. At least that's what I found on one of the machines having issues. Remove the problem devices from Device Manager, plug in to any port any manually install the drivers, instead of running setup for it. on UK or French versions of Windows 10 before releasing it. It was one of those play around until it works, then forget about it moments later though. I have a Dell OPTIPLEX 380 with Windows 7 loaded. Have a solution for a quick fix even if your rollback driver is greyed out. The only thing I can think of is that this model of Dell Precision was not tested in the Fall Creator update back in OCT17 by Dell. Tried changing the keyboard, but still no change. On switching the desktop computer on the following message is displayed. More important than the model of the keyboard is your computer and how the keyboard is attached to it. Checked BIOS, no changes and with defaults. Bluetooth & other devices: I see the Dell MS116 USB Optical Mouse and Dell KB216 Wired Keyboard both showing "Driver is unavailable". They have also tried using the keyboard/mouse in question on another computer, and it works just fine, so I know this is an issue with the drivers on the particular computer(s). Besides, we like to understand and to explain to our clients what happened, it's the way we like to provide our IT services. Thank you! Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site. I fired up my old no-name tower, XP started but the USB keyboard didnt work. Checked USB 3.0 support and enabled all ports. Page 1 of 2 - Keyboard Not Detected By BIOS - posted in Internal Hardware: Hi, How do I begin to fix this? If the Dell computer or tablet supports BIOS recovery 2 or 3, you can recover the corrupt BIOS by using the recovery method that is detailed below for your Dell … Microsoft Employee and that the phone number is an The USB mouse came with 50 computers, so maybe it justifies to understand what happen and to solve the issue instead of avoiding the problem. It also could be possible that Windows 10 is not supported for this machine all together. ;) ;) ;). technical support services. Keyboard is not connected properly. You can help protect yourself from scammers by verifying that the contact is a Windows 10 Upgrade from 1903 to 20H2 from WSUS, Windows 10 Pro Keyboard/Mouse: Driver is Unavailable, View this "Best Answer" in the replies below ». You can help protect yourself from scammers by verifying that the contact is a, official Tried wired Plain Jane keyboards and mice to no avail, touchscreen no longer working, had to give up and start over. on Can't figure it out and don't have time to blow this machine away and rebuild. I have a location that reported this on 7 HP workstations in the store. Intrinsic Solutions is an IT service provider. michellelieske and JAMcKee - Thank you so much for posting this solution! Noticed the same issue where the device is coming in as HID in device manager, then switching to USB-c display port. In some cases, dell's own bios updates for Spectre patching on some optiplex machines hosed the USB ports and the Dell provided drivers were too old to fix it. I wanted to respond to michellelieske's post before I actually read the KB# you shared afterwards. This ;-), http://www.dell.com/support/home/uk/en/ukdhs1/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=DPW8M, http://www.dell.com/support/home/uk/en/ukdhs1/product-support/product/dell-smrt-kybrd-kb813/drivers. If you have any USB 2 ports try using them instead. Kinda strange, but it's worked for me on a few things. My best guess is that it was a registry change made by the patch that caused the issue. We spent about 1 hour troubleshooting the issue for our client. I tried a different keyboard and mouse. I tried a different keyboard, but not a different model. Here is how I got mine working without doing a driver rollback, I just had to define to use the device as a USB device and not the USB-C Display port adapter. Showed up with same "Device driver unavailable." or "Keyboard not found". Brandon Senseney I did one more test and was able to read/write a flash drive, but not a desktop scanner or other brand/model keyboard and mouse. It is a microsoft curve with the latest drivers. The software, for the Comfort Curve 2000 keyboard, was downloaded from the MICROSOFT website as I was instructed to do. Notes, cautions, and warnings NOTE: A NOTE indicates important information that helps you make better use of your product. I did add/remove from device manager, however I did not try installing manually. Protect Yourself From Tech Support Scams The issue was that most USB devices would not be recognized, as well as the touch screen would not work. Uninstalling the KB4074588 and a reboot did the trick! CAUTION: A CAUTION indicates either potential damage to hardware or loss of data and tells you how to avoid the problem. I did boot the machine and look again for this one in particular and sure enough it resolved the issue. I was able to remote into the machines and uninstall that way. Can you please tell me what the update was by any chance so I can see if I have the same? You guys saved me. The fix? only killed a French Windows 10 installation for me. They're all typically the same generic Dell keyboards. Try another keyboard on the computer to verify that the keyboard has not gone bad. I would hope that if this is a rather large issue it would have been reported to Microsoft. Keyboard initialization failure." I've run into USB driver issues with a few older printers and it turned out they don't work well on USB 3 ports. by Tried reinstalling the software with the re-install DVD, but since the keyboard is in operational, I cannot select any choice.